Information Technology & Cyber Law
The Firm has expertise in various matters pertaining to the Information Technology sector including data privacy and data protection laws. We also deal with issues arising out of data protection, privacy and data security law, breach of data protection, confidentiality and information security, etc.
Our team of Information Technology lawyers are well versed with the provisions of Information Technology Act, 2000, impact of GDPR on Indian companies, SPDI Rules, Data Privacy Regulations, Big Data Laws, etc. Our team of cybersecurity lawyers deal in cyber law and handle cases like internet fraud, hacking, privacy and security related issue, etc.
Services included by our Firm includes:
- Advising clients on protection against data theft, data privacy and data protection law, IP protection and cyber law in India.
- Assisting our clients in software protection & licensing, data domain name dispute resolution, technology transfer, technical assistance agreements, credit card frauds, etc.
- Drafting and negotiating Information Technology and Intellectual Property agreements, e-commerce contracts, software licensing agreements, end-user license agreements, software development agreements, outsourcing agreements, beta test agreements, service provider agreements, interconnect agreements, satellite and digital agreements, shrink wrap agreements, click wrap agreements, SaaS licensing agreements, etc.
- Assisting clients in drafting robust IT policies, reviewing of personal data processing, including follow-up analysis, preparation of internal guidelines, working procedures and manuals, employee’s accord for data processing.
- Assisting internet service providers and e-commerce businesses in their operations with respect to development of websites and portals, and ensuring compliance with law.
- Rendering services such as cyber-litigation, online image management, cyber forensics, cyber law consulting, etc.
- Providing litigation support to clients in various types of cases such as intellectual property infringement, data theft, hacking, credit card frauds, cyber bullying, online defamation, digital piracy, phishing, copyright and trademark infringements, etc.
- Assisting clients in conducting due diligence and providing opinions for companies who seek to invest in the Information Technology sector. and
- Representing clients before Tribunals, High Courts and the Supreme Court in matters pertaining to infringement of intellectual property rights, consumer privacy and data protection and ancillary disputes relating to contracts and domain names.
- Implementation of a strategic plan for data protection program based on the industry
- Transfer of data in cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Data breach scenarios and other data security concerns
- Consumer rights and consumer protection regime
- Issues surrounding treatment of employee data
- Reviewing the existing privacy policies and procedures to identify possible compliance gaps; streamlining these with applicable legal requirements
- Data localisation for cross-jurisdiction compliance
- Responding to potential allegations of non-compliance from regulatory authorities
- Data disclosure requests from investigation agencies
- Making representations to regulatory authorities to bring forward the views of the stakeholders
Contentious Matters and Litigation Support
- Complaints from users regarding data and security breaches
- Objections raised and challenges to the privacy or security policies implemented.
- Data security and legal compliance investigations.